Business Succession and Retention: Employee Ownership Solutions
Presented by: UW-Madison Center for Cooperatives
Location: Landmark Services Cooperative (1401 Landmark Drive, Cottage Grove)
Time: 9:00am - 3:00pm
An estimated 70% of private businesses will change hands over the next two decades, many as a result of retiring baby boomers. Who will take over these businesses and will they remain in their communities?
Attend this workshop presented by the University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives to learn about employee ownership as an effective method for keeping businesses, jobs, and wealth in local communities.
- Real benefits of employee ownership in both rural and urban settings
- Employee ownership basics: worker cooperatives and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Practical steps in the conversion process: stories of existing employee owned business
- Strategies for capitalizing conversion deals
- Resources available to business owners who are exploring employee ownership
- Bonus! Employee ownership experts will be available for short, one-on-one consultations with business owners interested in employee ownership.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners interested to learn about employee ownership
- Community and economic development professionals
- Small Business Development Centers
- Chambers of commerce
- Local and regional policymakers