Health IT startup Wellbe is top local company on 2016 Inc. 5000 list
Excerpted from Wisconsin State Journal
By Judy Newman
Sixteen Madison-area companies have made the 2016 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing, privately owned companies in the U.S., including two that cracked the top 500.
Madison health information technology company Wellbe, whose Connected CarePaths guide patients’ recovery after surgery and help health care providers track their progress, scored highest among Madison-area companies, at No. 322 on the Inc. 5000 list.
Founded in 2009, Wellbe reported revenue of $2.1 million, a three-year, 1,201 percent increase, and has more than 30 employees.
“We are extremely pleased to be included among this exceptional group of high-growth businesses,” said Wellbe founder and CEO James Dias, in a written statement.
Evoke Brand Strategies, Madison, an advertising and marketing firm also founded in 2009, was No. 325, with $2 million in revenue, up 1,183 percent.
The other Madison area companies on the Inc. list are:
- 1,459: Nordic, Madison
- 1,470: Concero Search Partners, Madison
- 1,799: RevolutionEHR, Madison
- 1,892: Information Technology Professionals, Madison
- 2,416: Best Defense Security & Fire Protection, Waunakee
- 2,519: Chandra Technologies, Madison
- 3,016: Synergy Consortium Services, Verona
- 3,830: Singlewire Software, Madison
- 3,862: American Risk Management Resources Network, Middleton
- 3,886: Midwest Prototyping, Blue Mounds
- 4,091: bb7, Madison
- 4,105: New Glarus Brewing Co., New Glarus
- 4,512: TASC, Madison
- 4,835: InForm Product Development, Sun Prairie
The statistics are reported by the companies that choose to participate and are based on their increase in revenue from 2012 to 2015.
Statewide, 50 companies made the Inc. 5000 list this year compared with 62 companies last year.