Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP) is the economic development agency for the eight-county Madison Region of southcentral Wisconsin.
Mission: Through a comprehensive regional approach to economic development, the strategic pursuit of job creation and business growth in target clusters, and the development of a coordinated talent pipeline, MadREP will lead the development of a dynamic economy where people and business thrive.
Role & Services
MadREP fills an important role in Wisconsin’s economic development landscape, serving as a partner and collaborator to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and other state agencies, as well as economic development initiatives within counties, municipalities, chambers of commerce, and the private sector.
Under the umbrella of the Advance Now Strategy, our services include:
- Proactive business retention and expansion efforts
- Targeted business attraction via outreach to site selection professionals and in response to prospect inquiries
- Strategic development of target industries, including agriculture, information technology, life sciences, healthcare, and advanced manufacturing
- Expansion of international opportunities for regional businesses, including exporting and foreign direct investment
- Delivery and analysis of economic data that affects the Madison Region
- Mapping of industry supply chains to identify and address gaps, disconnects, and opportunities
- Convening education/workforce development professionals and business/industry representatives to address human capital needs
- Support of physical innovative spaces and expansion of entrepreneurship resources across the region
- Technical assistance to entrepreneurs, including help with market valuation, market position, and value proposition
- Marketing the Madison Region’s economic development assets and opportunities to national and international audiences
- Expanding access to business and leadership opportunities for emerging and minority professionals
- Convening the region’s economic development professionals to collaborate and leverage resources to achieve common goals