MadREP among recipients of Mid-America Economic Development Council 2015 Annual Economic Development Awards
PRESS RELEASE: December 8, 2015
The Mid-America Economic Development Council presented its annual Economic Development awards at the 2015 Mid-America Competitiveness Conference & Site Selector Forum, held December 6-8 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Chicago.
MadREP received the first place award in the Annual Report: Large Division category for its electronic newsletters, including both our bi-weekly MadREP Report featuring regional economic news, events and opportunities and our bi-monthly site selection newsletter aimed specifically at a site relocation professionals. MadREP was also a finalist in the same division for its 2015 State of the Madison Region Report.
The Mid-America Economic Development Council is a multi-state association dedicated to being the leading resource for education, making connections, and sharing best practices for economic development professionals.
For many years, The Mid-America Economic Development Council has sponsored the annual Economic Development Awards competition to recognize and stimulate the creative use of quality marketing by economic development organizations throughout the ten-state Mid-America region in promoting their respective communities. The Mid-America Economic Development Council’s awards partner is Site Selection magazine, and all first place winners will be highlighted in an ad in the January issue of Site Selection magazine.
Award entries were accepted in two markets per category – large market (annual marketing budget over $100,000) and small market (annual marketing budget under $100,000).
• 1st Place – Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce– 2014 Annual Report – Flint, MI
• Finalist – Watertown Development Company – 2014 Annual Report – Watertown, SD
• 1st Place – Madison Region Economic Partnership – MadREP Electronic Newsletters – Madison, WI
• Finalist – Madison Region Economic Partnership – 2015 State of the Madison Region Report – Madison, WI
• Finalist – Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation – WEDC Annual Report – Madison, WI
Business Retention & Expansion
• 1st Place – Greater Burlington Partnership – Iowa’s Next Big Thing, Youth Entrepreneurship Event – Burlington, IA
• 1st Place – Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber – OH-PA Stateline Export Initiative –
• First Place – Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce – Quad Cities First Industry Ad Campaign – Davenport, IA
• Finalist – Economic Development Corp Michigan City – Community Profile – Michigan City, IN
• Finalist – Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development – Custom Economic Development Website – Findlay, OH
• 1st place – Columbus 2020 – Columbus Region Website – Columbus, OH
• Finalist – Indiana Michigan Power – ROI Selection Tool – Fort Wayne, IN
• Finalist – Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation – Wisconsin Food and Beverage Video -Madison, WI
• 1st Place – The Enterprise Group of Jackson, Inc. – Jackson Area College and Career Connection Early Middle College Program – Jackson, MI
• Finalist – Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG) – Stem Careers & Skilled Trades Initiative – Detroit, MI
• 1st Place – Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development – Find Your Future – Madison, WI
For more information about The Mid-America Economic Development Council, please visit www.midamericaedc.org.