BioForward November Reception: U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin
Presented by: BioForward, UW School of Pharmacy
Location: UW-Madison School of Nursing (701 Highland Avenue, Madison)
Time: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Featured Speaker: Wisconsin U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin
Join BioForward and the UW School of Pharmacy for a Friday afternoon event featuring Wisconsin U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin at the state-of-the-art UW-School of Nursing building.
Hear updates from Senator Baldwin on initiatives that impact the bio industry including:
- NIH funding – the Senator’s leadership in the bipartisan approach to funding medical research.
- Federal Budget deal – how the recent two year deal affect prospects for NIH funding and other priorities
- Senate Innovation Package—the Senator’s work on the HELP Committee to advance FDA and NIH reforms.
- Young Researchers – the Senator’s legislation to ensure a pipeline of new researchers.
- General Political Update – the Senator’s impressions of the possibility of bipartisan collaboration in Congress.