Commercializing Technology in China: Navigating Pitfalls and Seizing Opportunity
Presented by: Madison International Trade Association
Location: Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (501 E. Washington Avenue)
Join Madison International Trade Association, Foley & Lardner, Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation for the next program in the 2013 Eye on China Roundtable Series, Commercializing Technology in China: Navigating Pitfalls and Seizing Opportunity.
The program will address the latest trends and developments related to cross-border technology transfers to China, particularly those of interest to manufacturers. As part of Foley & Lardner’s recently launched initiative, the Legal Innovation Hub for NextGen Manufacturers, the firm has taken a comprehensive look at the issues impacting manufacturers looking to expand abroad, and will share those insights during the program.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Application of import-export control regulations
- Mandatory provisions in any technology license agreement
- Key elements of a technology license, development, and transfer agreements
- Registration requirements in China
- U.S. and Chinese tax aspects of technology transfers
- IP protection and enforcement issues
- Repatriation of profits, payment methods, currency issues, and hedging strategies
Register online for this free event. For more information, contact Jennifer Conley at 312.832.4325.