Scholarship Opportunity: BIO 2014
Presented by: BioForward, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, University Research Park,
In partnership with the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and University Research Park, BioFoward is offering Wisconsin bioscience companies the opportunity to apply for scholarships to attend and participate in BIO 2014, the largest biotechnology conference in the world. Companies will receive access to one-on-one partnersing with internationally recognized companies in the bioscience industry. The 2013 BIO International Convention in Chicago boasted representation from 65 countires, 25,537 partnering meetings, and about 16,000 attendees.
Having a presence at BIO provides a great visibility and a unique opportunity for Wisconsin businesses to represent the state on an international scale. The BIO International Convention offers two ways to participate in the BIO’s One-on-One Partnering System: the BIO Business Forum and BIO Exhibitor Booth Partnering, designed to help companies achieve strategic business goals in a time- and cost- effective way. BIO’s One-on-One Partnering System is one of the most efficient and economical ways to find a business partner. With proper planning, in just four critical days, businesses can set up a full year of business connections, partnering possibilities and exposure to many innovations for the future of biotechnology.
Eligibility and Award Requirements:
- Company must have operations in Wisconsin
- Application should be submitted by a company executive
- The scholarship (if approved) would come in the form of a pre-purchased BIO One-on-One Partnering System pass code
- There is a 25% match requirement. Your travel and hotel expenses qualify as match.
- Company must complete registration requirements and participate in BIO’s One-on-One Partnering System.
Find detailed critera and the application on the BioForward website. Contact Brian Moeller with questions, and submit your application by March 17.