Trade Compliance 2020: Trade Compliance Hits the “Big Time”
Presented by: Madison International Trade Association (MITA)
Location: Fluno Center (601 University Ave., Madison, WI 53715)
Time: 11:30am - 4:45pm
On February 11, 2020, MITA and a world-class group of trade compliance experts will give you information and insights you need to help your organization prosper, and get more attention in the boardroom, and less in the headlines!
From tariffs to sanctions to export controls, trade compliance issues are in more headlines and boardroom discussions than ever before!
11:30am – 12:00pm Registration and Networking
12:00pm – 12:30pm Lunch Served
12:30pm – 1:00pm Keynote Address: Julie Pojar, Manager, International Trade Compliance, Kohler
1:00pm – 2:15pm Trade Compliance “Speed Sessions”
2:15pm – 2:30pm Coffee
2:30pm – 4:45pm Trade Compliance “Deeper Dive” Sessions
Keynote Address : Distinguished Keynote Speaker to be confirmed
“Speed Sessions” (each participant chooses four (4) of these 15-minute sessions)
- James E. Bartlett III, Principal, Full Circle Trade Law, Washington, DC – How Do You Find Export and Import Violations?
- Robert Boehm, Licensed Customs Broker (LCB), International Customs Services (ICS), Inc. – Importing: Recent Rulings and Impact on Classifications
- Shannon Bryant, Manager Global Trade Compliance, Harley-Davidson Motor Company – Contributing to the Conversation: Trade Policy Strategies for Small Businesses
- Paul Jarzombek, Chief Operating Officer, LR International Inc. – A Brief Review of INCOTERMS 2020
- Cortney Morgan, Partner, Husch Blackwell – U.S. sanctions summary and outlook
- Bethany Nelson and Tom Demke, UW-Madison Export Compliance Office – Export Compliance Considerations When Working With Universities and Researchers
- Sandi Siegel, President and Managing Partner, M.E. Dey – Understanding ATA Carnets and Their Benefits
“Deeper Dives” (each participant chooses three (3) of these 40-minute in-depth sessions
- James E. Bartlett III, Principal, Full Circle Trade Law, Washington, DC – How to Handle Those Violations You Just Found: Preparing VDs, VSDs, and PDs
- Robert Boehm, Licensed Customs Broker (LCB), International Customs Services (ICS), Inc. – Classification: Everything You Wanted to Know About Sets, But Were Afraid to Ask
- Paul Jarzombek, Chief Operating Officer, LR International Inc. – When Trade Compliance, Letters of Credit and INCOTERMS Intersect
- Bethany Nelson and Tom Demke, UW-Madison Export Compliance Office – Deemed Exports, Technology Controls Plans, and Emerging Technologies: Three Areas of Export Control that Should Be on Every Company’s Radar
- Margaret Lange, Director of Compliance, M.E. Dey – C-TPAT: New Rules, Validation, and Importance for Importers
- Cortney Morgan, Partner, Husch Blackwell – How to Avoid Those Slippery, Serpentine Sanctions
Cost: Lunch only: Early Bird rate applies until February 4, 2020 – $35 MITA Members; $50 for Non-MITA Members; Regular rate – $45 for MITA Members; $60 for Non-MITA Members (thereafter).
Lunch and Afternoon Workshops: $99 for MITA Members; $119 for Non-MITA Members.
For Further Information:Ana Garic