Trade Compliance in 2019: Strategies for Surviving and Thriving in a Time of Disruption
Presented by: MITA
Location: Fluno Center (601 University Ave. Madison, WI 53715)
Time: 11:30 AM - 4:15 PM
Featured Speaker: Alec Streeter, Director of Global Trade Compliance at Oshkosh Corporation
Reserve your seat at MITA’s February 12 event and learn about the trends, tips and hot topics in international trade compliance.
This program is designed for established importers and exporters, companies who are considering exporting or importing, and those who wish to learn more about trade compliance.
LUNCH PROGRAM – Trade Compliance in 2019: Strategies for Surviving and Thriving in a Time of Disruption (11:30 AM – 2:00 PM)
The lunch program features keynote speaker Alec Streeter, Director of Global Trade Compliance at Oshkosh Corporation, who will provide an update on tariffs and briefly discuss strategies for navigating them as they continue to evolve.
Following lunch, you will have an opportunity to attend four to five “Ask the Expert” Roundtables featuring experts who will share their insights and address your questions on a variety trade compliance issues, including the challenges of mitigating the impact of tariffs and countermeasures, enforcing export controls, trade compliance policies, import and export compliance, global export regimes, and much more.
The Ask the Experts Roundtables feature the following topics and experts:
– Navigating the Tariffs – Alec Streeter, Director of Global Trade Compliance, Oshkosh Corporation
– The Basics of Trade Compliance Internal Audits – Ruth Girmscheid, International Customs Services, Inc.
– Global Export Control Regimes and Your Business – Jay Nash, Nash Global Trade
– The Customs Broker/Freight Forwarder’s View – Sandi Siegel, M.E. Dey
– Export Documentation and Payment Methods – Ric Frantz, LR International
– Trade Compliance Violations: To Disclose or Not to Disclose? – Wendy Arends and Eric Wilson, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C.
AFTERNOON PROGRAM – Trade Compliance 2.0 (2:00 PM – 4:30 PM)
The afternoon program is designed to provide compliance managers, employees involved in trade compliance (such as supply chain management, logistics/transportation, and sales), as well as anyone who wants to know more about trade compliance a deeper dive into the topics below, including implementation and best practices.
Attendees select two 45-minutes sessions which will consist of workshop-like discussion. The expert will lead the group through specific, real-world scenarios and attendees will participate in an interactive discussion to gain additional knowledge through practical problem solving, peer collaboration, and expert advise.
The following speakers and interactive workshops will focus on the topics below:
– A View from the Inside: Opportunities and Challenges of an In-House Trade Compliance Manage – Alec Streeter, Director of Global Trade Compliance, Oshkosh Corporation
– Export Compliance in a Time of Disruption –Jay Nash, Nash Global Trade
– Internal Compliance Audits 2.0: Conducting, Preparing for, and What You Need to Know – Ruth Girmscheid,, International Customs Services, Inc.
– Importing: From the Basics to Beyond – Wendy Arends, A Panel of Expersts from M.E. Dey.
4:30 PM – 7:00 PM Networking Happy Hour – FREE for all participants and MITA Members (no registration required).
This program is Co-sponsored by Godfrey & Kahn S.C. ABS Global and ME Dey & Co.
Tuesday, February 12th 11:30am – 4:15pm (with lunch provided)
Fluno Center 601 University Ave., Madison
Cost of Admission:
Lunch only: Early Bird rate applies until February 5, 2019 – $35 MITA Members; $50 for Non-MITA Members; Regular rate (thereafter)- $45 for MITA Members; $60 for Non-MITA Members.
Lunch and Afternoon Workshop: $99 for MITA Members; $119 for Non-MITA Members.