Local companies make Inc. 5000 fastest growing list
Excerpted from Wisconsin State Journal
By Judy Newman
Sixteen south-central Wisconsin companies are in the 2014 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing privately owned U.S. companies, ranked by the website inc.com.
They include two that are among the 50 reporting the biggest percentage revenue growth over a three-year period: Restore Health and Nordic Consulting, both of Madison and both in the health field.
Restore Health is No. 36, with 6,663 percent growth, from $101,00 revenue in 2010 to $6.8 million in 2013. The company makes customized drugs and has 61 employees. Last year, ?itwas No. 80 on the Inc. 5000 list.
Nordic Consulting had a 46th-place ranking with 5,593 percent growth, from $1.4 million in revenue in 2010 to $81.4 million last year. It was not on the 2013 list.
Nordic, with 379 employees, provides consultants to organizations that use electronic health records systems created by Epic Systems Corp., Verona.
- No. 900: AccuLynx, Beloit
- No. 969: RevolutionEHR, Madison
- No. 1,866: Information Technology Professionals, Madison
- No. 1,907: SASid, Janesville
- No. 2,608: WTS Paradigm, Middleton
- No. 2,639: Vom Fass USA, Madison
- No. 2,941: Quincy Bioscience, Madison
- No. 3,017: Data Dimensions, Janesville
- No. 3,483: Synergy Consortium Services, Madison
- No. 3,565: Adesys, Fitchburg
- No. 3,724: Midwest Prototyping, Blue Mounds
- No. 4,209: New Glarus Brewing, New Glarus
- No. 4,452: bb7, Madison
- No. 4,950: ABC Supply, Beloit
Revenue figures are voluntarily self-reported. Still, it is considered a respectable list — “something people pay attention to,” said UW-Madison School of Business associate professor Jim Seward.
“The types of technologies that they’re involved in and new hiring that goes on at these — collectively, it’s a big deal,” Seward said.