Job Posting: MadREP Research & Communications Manager
RESEARCH & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Position Summary: The Research & Communications Manager will coordinate efforts related to MadREP’s work in internal and external marketing, research, and data analysis. S/he will execute MadREP’s marketing strategy by performing day-to-day and project-related activities related to print and electronic communications, website maintenance, and metrics reporting. S/he will conduct and analyze regional research, integrating it into MadREP’s overall work.
- Manage the creation of print and digital collateral and associated content (includes annual report and Madison Region Economic Development Guide)
- Manage bi-weekly eNewsletters by securing and writing content, formatting design, tracking performance
- Create and distribute targeted electronic communications on behalf of MadREP and/or partners
- Manage and monitor MadREP’s social media presence
- Provide regular maintenance and updates to MadREP website
- Prepare responses to Requests for Information from site selectors, staff, and external partners in a timely and professional manner, serving as primary research agent
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research using public and third-party data sources including EMSI, referenceUSA, Esri Business Analyst
- Manage and update all information for web-based regional data dashboard
- Coordinate annual submission of regional projects to Conway’s global database of corporate expansions
- Analyze and aggregate regional data from Business Retention & Expansion visits, external surveys, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years experience in the execution of research and communication initiatives, and will possess a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, planning, business, or related field. Coursework and/or experience in economic development and research a plus. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute experience requirements. Applicants should possess strong written and verbal communications skills, and proven ability to:
- Manage electronic communications (email, social media, website) and stay current on best practices
- Perform research functions, using online and third party databases
- Effectively manage a diverse range of projects
- Be attentive to detail and responsive to deadlines
- Be comfortable interacting with a broad range of individuals and partner organizations
This is a salaried, full-time position offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Paul Jadin at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 9, 2018.