Global Trade Venture to Canada
Presented by: Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
Time: March 15-20, 2015
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) wants to help your company grow its exports to Canada. Please consider joining WEDC and other Wisconsin business leaders for this Global Trade Venture.
Due to its geographic proximity and cultural similarity to the U.S., as well as the already high level of cross-border trade, Canada is a strong opportunity market for Wisconsin companies across all sectors. Canada is the largest export market for U.S.-produced goods ($300 billion in 2013) and for goods produced in Wisconsin ($7.5 billion in 2013). The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and a common language further ease trade between the U.S. and Canada; as a large, advanced economy with well-developed infrastructure, Canada is an ideal first market for new-to-export companies as well as a significant market for businesses across all sectors.
Venture fee: $1,150 per person. This subsidized cost includes the following personalized services for Global Trade Venture participants:
- Market research and customized one-on-one appointments with potential customers, agents, distributors and other market intermediaries in each city
- Hotel accommodations for the duration of the Global Trade Venture program
- All scheduled ground transportation in Toronto and Montreal
- Transportation from Toronto to Montreal
- Group dinner in each city
View the full schedule here, submit an interest form, or contact WEDC Manager of International Events Rachel Best at 608.210.6726 for more information.