Job Posting: Spring 2015 Internship Opportunity — Economic Development & Entrepreneurship
Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP) seeks a dedicated individual with an interest in regional economic development, research and entrepreneurship to fill a part-time spring internship position (January – May 2015). Interested individuals should be available to work approximately 10-15 hours per week, although specific times of day are flexible.
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Research, monitor and profile federal online resources for funding opportunities that match priority projects and initiatives throughout the region.
- Create internal database and web based application that outlines industrial, business, commerce and research & development parks throughout the region.
- Create database of strategic buildings (based upon size, amenities, location) and sites (certified, shovel ready, TIDs) that are key marketing assets for key industry sectors of importance throughout the region.
- Create regional database of STEM based activities, researchers, grant awardees and innovators/inventors that are led by people of color, females, and veterans.
- Help facilitate agendas and minute compilations for MadREP Steering Committees overseeing Innovation & Entrepreneurship and International Activities.
- Research and gather data related to regional lending and investments for start-ups and SMEs in agriculture, life science, advanced manufacturing, and digital IT/healthcare industry sectors
- Research and gather data related to potential attraction efforts for companies directly tied to strategic gaps in various industry supply chains or targeted missions.
- Gather and organize contact information related to high school and college agriculture and industrial tech educators throughout the region to market Farm Tech Days competition.
- Other duties as assigned by staff.
Requirements: Ideal applicants will be pursuing a degree in a related field; coursework and/or experience in economic development, planning, research, finance, and/or business is considered a plus. Applicants must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Please note if you have proficiency in languages other than English and/or experience using GIS mapping tools and modeling systems.
A monthly stipend will be paid for this intern position.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Anne Wilder by Monday, December 22, 2014.
About MadREP: Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP) is the economic development agency for the eight-county Madison Region with a vision to create a dynamic environment where people and businesses thrive. MadREP’s mission is a five-plank platform, which includes economic competitiveness, innovation & entrepreneurship, human capital, marketing, and leadership & diversity. The Madison Region includes Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Rock, and Sauk counties.
Learn more at www.madisonregion.org.