Job Posting: Spring 2015 Internship Opportunity — Marketing, Events & Information
Location: Madison Region Economic Partnership (615 E. Washington Avenue, Madison)
Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP) seeks a dedicated individual with an interest in regional economic development, data analysis & research, marketing and event planning to fill a part-time spring internship position (February – May 2015). Interested individuals should be available to work approximately 10-15 hours per week, although specific times of day are flexible.
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide event planning support for the Madison Region’s Economic Development & Diversity Summit, as well as trade shows, site selector outreach, and familiarization tours
- Assist with creation of weekly e-newsletters, including content gathering, writing and formatting
- Update website via content management system
- Provide data entry, analysis and support related to Workplace Diversity & Inclusion Survey and other surveys
- Input and update information into customer relationship management database
- Research and update information for Capital Connections Inventory (a database of financial tools for businesses and economic development projects in the Madison Region)
- Assist with populating supply chain mapping tool for regional businesses
- Other duties as assigned by staff
Requirements: Ideal applicants will be pursuing a degree in a related field; coursework and/or experience in economic development, planning, research, marketing/communications, and/or business is considered a plus. Applicants must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Please note if you have specific experience in surveying, data analysis, and/or event planning.
This internship is paid at a competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Anne Wilder by Friday, January 30, 2015.
About MadREP: Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP) is the economic development agency for the eight-county Madison Region with a vision to create a dynamic environment where people and businesses thrive. MadREP’s mission is a five-plank platform, which includes economic competitiveness, innovation & entrepreneurship, human capital, marketing, and leadership & diversity. The Madison Region includes Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Rock, and Sauk counties.
Learn more at www.madisonregion.org.