Madison Region’s Agriculture, Food & Beverage Industry Cluster Analysis (October 2014)
This comprehensive industry analysis for the Madison Region’s Agriculture, Food & Beverage (AFB) sector examines the cluster in a way that identifies its potential comparative advantages. The analysis includes information on food & beverage manufacturing employment and establishments, agricultural production and employment, support industries and supply chain considerations, human capital, and cluster positioning. The report is authored on behalf of MadREP by Matt Kures of the University of Wisconsin-Extension, Center for Community and Economic Development.
Download the Madison Region’s Agriculture, Food & Beverage Industry Cluster Analysis:
- Introduction [1.3 MB]
- Section 1 – Employment and Establishments in the Region’s Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industries [10.8 MB]
- Section 2 – Agricultural Production and Employment [3.1 MB]
- Section 3 – Support Industries, Supply Chain Perspectives and Distribution Considerations [2 MB]
- Section 4 – AFB Human Capital [1.1 MB]
- Section 5 – Positioning the AFB Cluster for Success [407 KB]
- Full Report [16.3 MB]
IMCP Application & Regional Business Model: Agriculture, Food & Beverage Manufacturing (April 2015)
MadREP wrote and submitted an application to the federal government’s Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership (IMCP) for the Madison Region’s Agriculture, Food & Beverage (AFB) sector. This document serves as a regional business model for the AFB industry, including $120M worth of active and ready-for-implementation projects in workforce, R&D, sites & infrastructure, supply chain, international, and access to capital/resources.
Download the IMCP 2015 Application Components: