The Gold Shovel Ready Site Verification Program achieves an affordable promotional advantage for premium sites.
The program assists communities, counties, and private land owners in packaging and marketing development-ready land to site selectors and business owners looking to locate or expand in the eight-county Madison Region consisting of Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Rock, and Sauk Counties.
The Gold Shovel program was created to provide a similar service to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation’s Certified In Wisconsin program, but at a lower cost. The Gold Shovel program demands fewer requirements and is not held to the same level of review, documentation, and assessment. MadREP fervently supports the Certified In Wisconsin program, and will work with you to certify sites.
Gold Shovel eligible sites must demonstrate minimal requirements related to:
- Size & Zoning
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Industrial Development
- Municipal Infrastructure
- Private Utility Infrastructure
- Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Environmental, Historical, and/or Archeological Impediments
The Gold Shovel program launched September 22, 2016. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis. Each submission carries a fee of $3,000. *
For more information and to start the site verification process, contact Paul Jadin, MadREP President, by email or phone at 608.571.0401.
* Upon verification, all gold shovel sites will be identified as having met the qualifications to be treated as “shovel-ready” and will be promoted on the MadREP and WEDC websites as such.